IN THE NAME OF ALLAH, THE BENEFICENT, THE MERCIFUL
* Our Goal – Is it not Iqamtuddeen. Is it not the truth?
* Is it possible in modern age to attain it?
* What Practical steps are being taken to make it a reality?
- At home
- In a democratic process
- What is lacking?
* The Role of ICNA
II. WHAT IS DAWAH ILALLAH [DI]? It must be crystal clear in our mind as what DI is?
* Different concepts of DI –
* What people understand from it or how they take it?
* How Rasulullah (S) did it? –
- Was it casual or disorganized?
- Was it not a determined and continuous effort?
- What was the beginning and what was the end of it?
* How can you now define DI?
* Exercise: Compare this definition with what is going on in the name of DI?
III. Dawah Program of ICNA for 2001 and beyond: - Designed to fulfill the aforesaid Goal.
- Two Important features:
i. Dawah at your place - At individual level:
* Dawah to self; * Dawah to family; * Dawah to Muslims; * Dawah to non-Muslims
ii. Dawah at community or at collective level:
Concentrative Dawah work in designated areas [Dawah enclaves or Oases of peace]
[On the pattern Rasulullah (S) did it]
IV. HOW RASULULLAH (S) ACCOMPLISHED
i. Intensive Dawah work at Makkah
* First three years at Makkah
* After three years of Prophethood at Makkah
ii. Extensive Dawah work at Makkah in tribes of AP
iii. Intensive Dawah work at Madinah by Musa’b b Umair ®
iv. RESULTS: Intensive Dawah at Makkah a & Madinah and Extensive Dawah in tribes in AP
* Diehard supporters;
* “Spread of Deen in AP;
* Islam reached to every house
* Divided Arabian society in three groups: The Supporters; The Hawkish; Dovish
v. Hijrah – The process of Consolidation at Madinah and afterwards
V. DAWAH PROCESS OF RASULULLAH (S) AS APPLIED IN
* Geo-political condition of
* Position of Muslims;
* Hostile press;
* No model society
- We have: to “work at your place” as Rasulullah (S) did
VI. THE TWO FRONTS OF DI ON THE PATTERN OF RASULULLAH (S) DID:
i. Intensive Dawah at individual level – Dawah at your place: to self, family and to neighborhood
at collective level- Organizing American Muslims
in selected areas – Building “Oases of peace” in each unit: through
Future Projection -
ii. Extensive Dawah work at local and national level
VII. CUMULATIVE EFFECT OF OUR DAWAH PROGRAM -
INTENSIVE AND EXTENSIVE DAWAH EFFORTS:
VIII. REACHING THE CLIMAX
IX. A THOUGHTFUL REMINDER
Shamim A Siddiqi
VC Dawah Department, ICNA