IN THE NAME OF ALLAH, THE BENEFICENT, THE MERCIFUL
ROADMAP TO DISCOVER
[Shamim A Siddiqi,
eloquent appeal made by Mohtram Abdul Haq Falahi in the Isharat of Zindagi -e. Naw, July 2003 towards Dawah Ilallah is quite impressive. It is extensively supported by
Verses from the Qur'an that exhort a Muslim to be a Da'ee and be involved in Dawah
process. But he didn't elucidate or propound as how to do Dawah
in a pluralistic society like
I am living in the pluralistic society of
have no idea how JIH will do this job when it resolved to change the society,
fight against corruption at all levels, annihilate the cast system, give
"tongue" to the untouchables and bring the status of the lowest at
par with the highest placed in the society? What program it has to raise the
status of the predominantly oppressed womenfolk of
1. In my humble opinion these ideals can be accomplished if JI starts working at the grass root level, building the momentum gradually at its individual workers level, especially Arkan, who are dedicated, devoted and committed. If the case is not so, it should first concentrate in transforming each one of them into an effective Da'ee Ilallah in Indian perspective at their respective places, neighborhood and in vicinity.
2. Each worker will try to ignite the environment around him or her by setting:
or her own house as model Muslim family;
his or her own example as a model socio-political worker [activists] in
their respective domain,
demonstrating the exemplary trustworthy
character of a Da'ee;
iii. working day and night enthusiastically with active cooperation of the local people, irrespective of their cast and creed, in developing and establishing around themselves an "Island of peace" [IOP] based on common human values [Ma'roof to be followed by Munkar] at their respective places within a variable time frame of three to four years, depending on the local condition and targeting to build 5, 000 such basic "units of peace" throughout India within the next four years time.
1. Initially the "Island of peace" will cover an area of about 1 to 2 sq. mile, depending on the number of workers available in that area;
2. This IOP will be the target of intensive and extensive Dawah activities, mass contact programs and humanitarian services involving the local people in social activities as much as possible;
3. It will help in building the requisite good will for the IM and the image of its workers as socio-political activists with dependable and trustworthy character.
4. In subsequent stage or stages, additional areas will be added to this IOP in geographical contiguity, depending on the availability of Thareeki workers locally and the amount of cooperation from the people of the area with a target to build 10, 000 additional Islands of Peace throughout
5. The area covering the IOP will continue to increase in stages till it ultimately covers an electoral constituency or greater part of it. If the project continues systematically and programmatically, it will not take more than 20 to 25 years to win over the hearts of the "electorates" of the area, enabling the JI to set up its own or pro-Jamaat or an honest person as candidate of the area, as the situation would warrant, for local, provincial and national elections.
6. In fact, this is the Roadmap for JIH to create the atmosphere for promoting the Islamic values in the heterogeneous pluralistic society of
7. The four yearly "Meqats" of the JIH will need revision and adjustment accordingly
8. This whole process does not need any publicity and fanfare but silent working for the targeted goal. This should be the policy of the Jamaat at each level. Publicity gives nothing but "headaches."
9. All the programs of JIH must rotate around this axis of IOP. The attitude of "hesitancy" about setting a political agenda that is apparently visible both in the leadership and the program all around must be buried deep into the
10. This vision must now be visible through our programs, speeches and
personal contacts at every level.
Shamim A Siddiqi
July 26, 2003