In The Name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
MUHAMMAD (S) – THE ONLY HOPE OF MANKIND
[Shamim A Siddiqi, New York]
INTRODUCTION: At the end of sixth century AD, humanity had lost all the guidance that came from its Creator and Sustainer as how to live, act and behave on earth. There were no human rights anywhere in the world. Under the domination of both the superpowers of the time, the Roman and the Persian Empires, only the ruling class was enjoying all rights and privileges. The common man has no rights worth its name and was treated as serfdom. Women folk were treated in Christianity something as “untouchables” and under the fold of Hindu paganism, they had no right to live after the death of husband. They were to die with them alive due to age old prevalent custom of “sati”. Europe was grappling under its dark ages and America was not known at all to the civilized world of the time. Humanity was, thus, passing through dark pages of its history; its fate was lying in obscurity and apparently had no hopes in its “destiny”.
The Christian priests, saints and hermits of the time were all in waiting for the coming of a Messenger from a land in the desert covered with date trees as prophesies in Bible foretold. Only the City of Madinah in the heart of Arabian Peninsula fulfilled that criterion. They had established numerous monasteries at the northern arch of Arabian Peninsula. The monastery of Ba'hirah Rahib was one of them. The blind Professor Taha Yaseen of Egypt has given a vivid description of these monasteries in his book of Seerah of Rasulullah (S) and has shown that how eagerly Judeo-Christian world was waiting for the new Messenger of Allah. The detail account given by Prophet’s beloved companion Salman Farsi (RA) of his reaching to Madinah in search of the Messenger as directed by Christian priests confirms the quest and long waiting of Judeo- Christian world.
Unfortunately, at the end of 20th and the beginning of the 21st century, the humanity is experiencing as a whole more or less the similar situation as that of 6th century but in a different perspective. In 6th century, the causes of concern and waiting were genuine as all the previous guidance from God were either lost, or mutilated through human innovations and manipulations along with the life pattern of the previous Messengers too except with some scanty account that could not lead and deliver to human society a system and a model of their life-pattern to live with. In the context of the present world, both the Guidance from the Creator and Sustainer are available intact in their original form along with the life-pattern of the Messenger, the guide, the model as how to live, act and behave in the world in its minutest details. It is just the self-denial attitude of Judeo-Christian-Pagan world that is blind to its existence in its totality. It is due to age old prejudices, historical animosity and ignorance of an unprecedented nature; it is being ignored one way or the other.
Their blindness is by their free-choice and not by accident or any natural mishap. It can be termed as “day-light-blindness”. They are in disparate need of a system for getting justice, peace, security and an ideal model to lead a balanced and an organized life in their personal, family and society at individual, national and international levels. They are making blind rough shots here and there, grappling in darkness but having no semblance of light either in their vision, approach, programming or projections. They are seeing every thing from the ken of mortal eyes and not as their urgent need for Divine Guidance and the life-pattern that the Messenger had set in its minutest details for human beings to follow. That is why man has failed in all its programming, projections and man-made systems whether it was feudalism, monarchy, capitalism, socialism, communism and secular democracy or military dictatorship. All have multiplied human problems and provided only some band-aid-treatment or some namesake temporary respite only. Problems are gradually heaping and pilling up in Himalayan size.
In sequence, humanity has lost all its hopes. The forthcoming era of Globalization, World Trade and forming of different Group Markets on the pattern of EUC are bound to fail as their objective is to exploit the human needs and meager resources of under-developed and developing countries around the world to add a few degrees to the standard of living of the developed countries at he cost of increasing the poverty level in the poor countries higher and higher. By denying the existing Divine Guidance and the role of the Messenger of time, humanity cannot survive anymore. It has no choice but to turn its face to follow the life-pattern of Muhammad Ibne Abdullah (S) of Macca with all hopes and expectations and it would get it there. Let us see what hopes the life of the Messenger of the time, Prophet Muhammad (S) has in store for the suffering humanity that all the secular isms could not deliver at all.
THE FIRST STEP TOWARDS BUIILDING THE FATE OF HUMANITY: After his appointment as the Messenger of God in the cave of Hera in 572 AD, Prophet Muhammad (S) concentrated, on individuals, the epic center of all troubles and corruptions on earth. He (S) rightly concluded that if individuals are corrected, reformed and their character is re-build on the basis of fear of Allah and accountability in Akhirah, society as a whole can be reconstituted afresh on balanced moral grounds. As such:
* He (S) cemented the relations of each individual with his/her Creator and Sustainer;
* Every individual is a trustee of what Allah has given him and not master or owner;
* Every one is accountable to his or her Creator and Sustainer for all his/her actions and deeds on earth in Akhirah;
* He (S) presented his life as ideal for all individuals to follow in every walk of life till
Rasulullah (S) made every effort in remodeling their respective individual character on these principles and made them the most trustworthy people of the time. This was his (S) team of workers that he first built and they were the instruments in changing the society altogether on the concept of Tawhid, Amanah (Trust), Akhirah [the Concept of Accountability on the Last day of Judgment] and his Prophethood. He (S) purified individual’s character and motivated them to carry out the mission of Islam to the four corners of the world. His (S) Kalimah: La Ilaha Ilallah, Muhammadun Rasulullah was, in fact, was and is the most revolutionary political slogan and a motivating force that kept his (S) followers always active, motivated and involved in the service of mankind: to be good to others, in removing the evils [the Munkar] from the society and establishing the Ma’roof [the Permissible] all around. This benevolent character that he (S) created amongst his (S) followers was by serving himself as its model in every walk of life. He (S), thus, transformed the Arab society of Jahiliyah [ignorance] in to a benevolent and God-Conscious society all around in his (S) life time within a limited period of 23 years. This is his (S) prescribed, well-practiced and trusted model for mankind to follow till eternity. If humanity wants today to remove corruption, favoritism, nepotism and discrimination in all its forms and shape from its ranks and files, this is the only way now left for mankind to accept and follow, the only hope to get justice, peace and a balanced harmonious growth in the world.
THE MOST INSPIRING CHARACTER OF HISTORY:
* Prophet Mohammad (S) was very kind, compassionate, merciful and full of concern for the believers in Allah;
* He (S) was at the highest order of morality;
* His (S) morals were the embodiment of the Qur’an [Hadith]. In fact, he (S)
the walking Qur'an;
* Rasulullah (S) confirmed in practice and advocacy: “I have been appointed to perfect
the morality”. [Hadith]
* Mohammad (S) was the Messenger for entire mankind till eternity. The Jews and the Christians have no choice but to accept him (S) as their Prophet too as the Qur'an constitutes all the truthful Teachings of the Torah and the Bible and the Islam is what was presented by Prophet Abraham (SA).
* Arabs acknowledged him (S) unanimously and used to call him Al-Sadiq & Al-Ameen [the Truthful and the Trustworthy];
* He (S)” never spoke out of his own desire and that what he coveyed to you was but
the Divine] inspiration with which he is being inspired” [Q. Al-Najm: 3-4]
* He (S) said, “Ana Afsahul Arab” [I am the most eloquent person amongst the
* He (S) was an Extraordinary advocate and promoter of “Ilm” [knowledge] in the society: “Talabul Ilme farizatun ala kulley Muslim” [Acquiring knowledge is obligatory on every Muslim [and Muslimah] – Hadith –Ibne Ma’ja];
* He (S) was the most ideal and perfect Da’ee Ilallah [Calling humanity to the fold of
the Creator and Susatiner for all times to come:
* He (S) declared the first Charter of Human Rights in 631 AD from the Mount of
Arafat when he (S) performed his (S) first and the last Hajj.
* He (S) was the most ardent advocate of human rights, wage-earners rights, very benevolent to slaves, care taker of the way fairers, the oppressed, the orphans and the rights of women;
* He (S) established the concept of equality amongst human beings, eradicated all kinds of discrimination on account of color, race, wealth, language and geographical boundaries. He made Bilal bin Ribah (RA), a Negro from Eretria, the Moazzin of his Mosque in Madinah and his personal exchequer;
* He (S) was an affectionate father, a dutiful and loveable husband, an ideal neighbor, a trustworthy and honest trader, an efficient administrator, a foresighted statesman and a brilliant general. In short he (S) was the most accomplished human being. Whoso ever came in contact with him (S) adored him, including his adversaries. He (S) is the most perfect ideal in every walk of life for any individual and society to follow as model, the only hope of mankind to deliver Khair [good] and justice to all who resolves to follow him and his teachings.
BUILDING A MODEL HUMAN SOCIETY - Rasulullah (S) first built his (S) team of workers on the lines stated above. We call them Sahabah [His beloved Companions] out of reverence. He (S) built it through "Person to Person Contacts" who in turn became the king pins of the Islamic society that he (S) established in Arabian Peninsula based on the principles of equality, justice and complete social security for the poor, the needy, the destitute, the underfed, the unemployed, the incapacitated and the way fairers – the have-nots, through a well-established social-welfare system of Islam that advocated: “Collect from your affluent and return it back to your poor and needy” [Hadith}
Mohammad (S) built a society in which justice was free, education was obligatory and free for all. It was free of corruption and favoritism. Rate of crime was extremely low to the extent that often jails were found empty. Situation of law and order was so perfect that an old lady could travel from Sana’a to Hazarmaut, a distance of about 1,000 miles with gold in her hands and she had no fear except that of Allah. Adi bin Hatim (RA) confirmed it by his own observation.
CONCLUSION: The forgoing proves beyond any shadow of doubt that the life pattern that Prophet Mohammad (S) demonstrated to the world the system of life that he (S) delivered to mankind is now the only hope of mankind to get justice, peace and security on earth. The more its adoption is delayed, the more it is drifting away from its cherished goal to attain perfection in transforming the abode of man into the cradle of peace and free of exploitation; where both the affluent and the poor will feel contented in their respective field and where the opportunity of progress will be available to all and sundry without any prejudice as a right of all human beings. Humanity can attain this goal only when it would accept the leadership of Prophet Muhammad (S) as the only hope of its survival and delivering good to its specie.
However, it would be possible only when the Muslim Ummah establishes Islam as a political entity somewhere in its midst and sets a model for humanity to follow. If the Ummah does it, the world would rush to it and accept it like a hot cake, Insha Allah. Will the Muslim Community and its leadership accept it as the most important challenge of time and replenish the ‘skeleton” cheeks of humanity with new hopes and blood.
July 4, 2015