In the name of Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful
HOMO - A PERVERTED HUMAN BEHAVIOR
[Shamim A Siddiqi,
Whether one believes in God or the Mother Nature, in the theory of Evolution or Creation, originating man from Ape or made out of clay, human genes carry three very undeniable and extremely dominant and demanding urges in his/her mortal frame along with an equally strong freewill to fulfill his/her indomitable urges the way he/she likes. These urges are;
1. Urge for Hunger and Thirst;
2. Urge for sleep and rest;
3. Urge for sex at a given period of life, and
A Free Will to satisfy the demands of these natural urges out of the bounties of nature that are at his disposal and are spread and scattered around the world on the ground, in the sea and in the sky. However, these bounties are countless but are not limitless. He can get for what he desires with only one condition that he will get only for which he struggles hard and to the extent that is earmarked to his/her destiny. Qur’an describes it as the paramount destiny of man;
“And that man has only that for which he makes effort” [Verse # 39 of Surah Al-Najm]
However, there are innumerable instances where man cannot get for what he struggles. Even what he gets very often proves destructive. Man’s future vision is very often found obscured. Very often he tries for one thing which is also the target of many millions and millions of people to possess. This ever-increasing demand for limited goods and services creates scarcity of good and services in the market. In the prehistoric age when the things were in abundance and human wants were limited man could get for what he desired. However, with the growth of time, human desires and wants became limitless but the goods and services are not increasing in the same proposition. Hence, the factor of scarcity or limited sources came into operation. As such, very often people feel frustrated and there are millions and millions of people whose wants cum desires cum urges remain unfulfilled. Let us, therefore, study the behavior of man as how he fulfils his urges and how he uses his freewill in determining the satisfaction of his urges. In other words how he uses his freewill.
HOW MAN USES HIS FREEWILL?
* The Urge for hunger: To fill up his belly man has choice to earn his wages, means of living, through hard labor, honest means in a trustworthy manner keeping peace with himself and the society around him or get it by robbing someone, killing somebody, exploiting his fellow countrymen or looting the civilized world by wrongful coercive means and oppressive behaviors, thereby creating unrest, “Zulm” [oppression], “Fasad” on earth [transgression] and denying others to live in peace and survive. For ages we observe human society has passed through chaos, bloodshed, exploitation and extreme fraudulent trade practices all around as man uses all non-ethical ways and means to possess the limited sources of this world just to satisfy his urge for hunger and thirst. It is the misuse of man’s freewill just to satisfy his living condition where the competition is hard, things are scanty and wants are becoming unlimited due to ever-surmounting the standard of life. Under these situation human society has no security and no peace in sequence.
The hunger and thirst that man could satisfy with a loaf and a glass of
water or feeling contented with what is available to him/her at ease and at
hand is destroying the human edifice in a continuous process and multiplying
his problems manifold, making the human life unbearable of hundreds of millions
in the developing and underdeveloped countries who have little or no access to
get this natural urge satisfied at peace.
The colonial powers and the occupiers have robbed their natural
resources ruthlessly to satisfy their own mania of ever-increasing life
standard and are miserly holding their “robbed” capital shamelessly in their
banks and financial holding companies. What a curse it is for the great powers
of Europe and
* Urge for rest/sleep: This is a natural need of man. After a day’s toil and labor man needs rest/sleep to recoup his lost energies. For that he needs a few hours of sleep and that he could get even lying on hard stones if he is overpowered by his tiresome. But man went on increasing the luxuries of life. He wants luxurious houses, foam or water spring beds, Air condition living rooms and sleeping piles if these things cannot give him a few hours sleep
Man’s urges for the satisfaction both s hunger and sleep cover the entire spectrum of his living condition on earth. They were given to man for his survival and maintenance on earth. If he could live within the natural means available, he could live in peace. However, man is found running after these urges day in and day out, like a “man-man”, crazy to fulfill them by hook or crook, by fare or by foul means, by honest or crocked means. He never feels satisfied and always cries: more and more, creating lopsided economies in the world and in every human society, dividing it in “haves and have-nots”, affluent and deprived, rich and poor, making the scenario worst and worst with every day and night: the rich is getting richer and the poor becoming poorer even by hours.
It is due to misuse of man’s natural or God-given freewill which
is guided by his insatiable greed, possessing more and more even at the cost of
others and occupying the land and material resources of other countries by
enslaving the people. The imperial history of middle and modern ages: occupation
* Urge for sex: The urge that was given to man for the continuation of his species on earth through the process of procreation and the institution of marriage between man and woman has seriously been endangered by man through his perverted behavior of having sex with the same gender or committing the most heinous crime of homosexuality, a crime against human race being committed by humans for the satisfaction of this sexual urges in the most unnatural, unhealthy and shameless manner that is worst than animal behavior.
Nature or the Creator inherited man with this urge when he/she attains
maturity and it withers away with approaching old age. People of Prophet Lot
were the first who transgressed the natural limit of having sex with opposite gender
to the same gender and in sequence the entire people were destroyed as a
mega-punishment. The city of
It is the most selfish and shameful act of having sex with no
responsibility. It tantamount to the digging the grave of nations by its own
hands. The recent decision by an Indian High Court to scrap Section 377 of
Indian Penal code to make it a non-cognizable crime is an act of great disgrace
and must be condemned by all saner elements around the world. The Supreme Court
It is the same perverted behavior of man that I have manifested above while dealing with the first two human urges of hunger/thirst and sleep/rest. Man is again misusing his freewill to satisfy his urge for the sex out of wedlock thereby belittling the institution of marriage and the future of humanity at large. The freewill of man has a choice to do wrong as well free to do good and there lies its accountability after death as how he acted, lived and behaved on earth to make it a hell or a heaven for himself as well for his species. Accordingly, he will be punished or rewarded in the life Hereafter – the ultimate reality that each human being will face when resurrected after death.
August 20, 2009